Monday, March 22, 2010

Starbucks shockers!

I was emailed a coupon for a free pastry at S’bux with the purchase of a drink. The free pastry day is tomorrow, Tuesday, March 23, 2010. Check out www.starbucks.com for more info and a coupon. I joked with the coworker that sent this to me, but I am interested in S’bux and something free, of course. Who doesn’t love free? What did I find as a WW looking at the menu? Some shockers to say the least! Here is a rundown of the light options that aren’t so light! Keep in mind, I am researching first the options that seem the lowest pernts and the best choice on WW. The shocker is some of the seemingly unhealthy choices are lower pernt.

Lowfat Red Raspberry Muffin 7 pernts

Apple Bran Muffin 7 pernts

Asiago bagel 6 pernts - no cream cheese

Plain Bagel 6 pernts – no cream cheese

8 Grain roll 7 pernts

Multi Grain bagel 6 pernts – no cream cheese

Reduced Fat Cinnamon Swirl Coffee Cake 7 pernts

Reduced Fat Very Berry Coffee Cake 7 pernts

Outrageous Oatmeal Cookie 8 pernts

Zucchini Walnut Muffin 12 pernts

Okay, so I figured the last two weren't low pernt, but the stats are suprising.



What did I find as good buys?

Blueberry Oat Bar 5 pernts

Chocolate Mini Sparkle Doughnut 3 pernts (Probably the size we should be eating anyway)

Petite Vanilla Bean Scone 3 pernts



Of course, if you have the pernts available, the bagels aren’t bad. But, if I have to buy a drink to get a free pastry, I do not wish to spend 6 pernts. So, I think my order will be a choc mini sparkle doughnut and an Iced Skinny Flavored Latte (Sugar Free syrup) for 2 pernts. Sounds good to me for a treat!

No comments: