Thursday, April 22, 2010

Happy Earth Day!!!!!! A little scattered today...

Yippee! I lost another 1.2 pounds, for a total of 10.4 in 6 weeks!

I increased my activity and did more yard work this week. Sadly, my yoga routine has suffered slightly this week. Monday I tried a yoga dvd from Netflix, and I didn’t like it. It was 45 minutes and it was hard, but I wasn’t impressed. Tuesday was the Crane episode of Namaste Yoga. I saw the description and said to myself, “Yeah right!” Last night was Weight Watchers night, so no yoga. I have been walking at lunch every day, sometimes only 15 minutes but it all adds up! I have cut our grass twice and my parent’s front yard (about half of a large yard). Today, 17 minutes walk at lunch, walk with a friend after work around a local park, and yoga at 6. I am even going to transplant a couple small Rose of Sharons tonight.




I have noticed 2 things today. I am in a foul mood. Lots of drivers were honking me off this morning. Hee hee, get it, honking me off! I kill myself. And my knees are sore. I know this is because I haven’t had my Namaste Yoga fix this week. I am not sore from walking, I am sore from not doing gentle, peaceful yoga moves. My knees and body need yoga. My mind and soul need yoga. I have been hungrier the last few days, and the urges have called to me more than in the past 6 weeks. I need yoga! So, looking at the Fit TV website, I am so happy to see this is the program airing tonight at 6 pm:

Earth


TV-G, CC






Earth series begins kneeling and continues with floor poses that are both gentle and invigorating. This series builds core strength and spinal flexibility and is a slow gentle sequence appropriate for all practitioners.



Ahhhhhhhhhh, sounds beautiful! After 2 walks and a few days absence this will feel amazing.



On another note, that stroganoff is kickass after a couple days! I was holding my little Ziploc container trying to get the last bite onto my spoon and it slipped out of my hand. I lost the last bite! I am heartbroken. I didn’t add any salt since I used the broth and canned soup. It could have used a little but the mushrooms were nice and soft and the taste was delicious! Try it! You will like it! Soooooo yummy. I love when I taste food, especially something I have created, and fall in love with it!



I watched Food, Inc. last night. It was heartbreaking. Parts of it I wish I had never seen, but it made me so happy for having been a vegetarian for 6 and a half years. In 5 days it will be 6.5 years exactly. Those poor animals, and workers that have to do such dastardly things. I was bawling, loudly, and heaving in certain parts, especially the Smithfield footage. Seeing this makes me grateful for all the animals I have saved, and the animals all my veggie friends have saved. May many more realize that factory farming is hideous and insidious. Please consider going more meatless if you aren’t veggie. Please remember that what you see in the store has a story and that story includes much pain and suffering.



Okay, off my soapbox now!



Off to track my lunch which included a delicious salad of homegrown lettuce picked last night and locally grown radishes! It was delicious! I want more.





If you are looking for a CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) to join this summer, please consider Seldom Seen Farm (http://www.seldomseenfarm.com/). I am mailing my contract this week! You can pick up your produce at many locations, including the Broad Ripple Farmers Market.

No comments: