Thursday, April 8, 2010

I scream, you scream...It’s all about the Frozen Treats today!

First, let me say thank you to the gals on a message board I frequent for these tempting and WW friendly treats. The heat is coming, and the desire for cool treats is intensifying. These are guilt free choices to help you stay on track, and indulge a bit.




Frozen Lemon Cup

Start by cutting off the top of a lemon, about ¾ from the bottom of the fruit. Make sure to save the cap! Using a hand held juicer, juice the lemon or into a fine strainer to remove any seeds and extra pulp. After diluting the fresh-squeezed lemon juice with 3 parts water to 1 part juice, add granulated sugar to taste (I add about 1 Tbsp. to every cup), depending on how sweet or how tart you like it. Whisk sugar until completely dissolved. Fill lemon with your juice mixture to a ¼-inch from the rim. Place in freezer for 3 hours, or until liquid has reached desired slushiness. Place cap on top and serve with a spoon! If you’re not a fan of lemons, you can make the same dish with blood oranges instead. [Lauren LaPenna] http://www.bust.com/



One Ingredient Ice Cream: http://bit.ly/do2Xq5



A variation of the above idea: http://fatfreevegan.com/blog/2010/03/08/banana-ice-cream/



I kept my vow of last week.  I got my 5 pound star and then some.  My weekly weigh in went great last night! I released another 3.8 pounds. 8.2 gone in 4 weeks! And we even had a big family dinner Sunday for Easter. And treats at the open Butler practice Friday. See, you can indulge, every now and then. Just be active and track the rest of the time. I have done yoga 5 of the last 6 days. I am joining the Walk-It Challenge issued by Weight Watchers, a 6 week training to go from couch to a 5K. I am not a couch potato, well not as much as I used to be, but I know I shouldn’t go out and walk a 5k today. If you are interested, check the WW website out for further info in the coming week or so.



Have a great week and sprout something (seeds or seeds of change)!

No comments: